Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Refugees





The Night Of 1000 Drawings time is upon us again and this year I wanted to do something different to last year as my contribution. I got to shoot a series of four studio portraits of a few of the refugees that stay at Paballo and help out with food and medication drop-offs for the inner city homeless. I wanted the portraits to be as simple and 'stripped-down' so to speak as possible. The four portraits will be on sale tonight to raise funds for Paballo and each guy I shot also got an edition. In order as they appear are; Bizwell Chembe (born 28 November 1961), Siphelele Manqindi (born 15 February 1983), Welcome Dlamini (born 15 September 1988) and Mduduzi Sibanda (born 18 April 1983)

2 comments:

marcus said...

So rad. Was a pleasure meeting you tonight. Sorry if that was super random just thought it would be decent to introduce myself. Keep contributing such rad and unique stuff to photography and chat soon. Laters Marcus

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its pleasant discussion on the topic of this piece of writing here
at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.


Check out my page - Hip waist ratio